Increased Output, better Profitability
FPO® is made from the polymers PP (polypropylene) or PE (polyethylene), to which we add natural mineral in various degrees of fineness to create a material with outstanding performance. Our FPO® material is available as compound as well as processed film.
FPO® is environmentally harmless. It is also grease and waterproof. FPO® is used today in many different areas, from manufacturing and printing to the food industry. The compound as well as the film have EU and FDA approval for use with foodstuff.
Advantages at a glance
- FPO® (high-filled polyolefin) is totally taint-free
- Meets the requirements of the food industry
- Food contact approvals (EU, FDA, BGA)
- Minerals are even approved as food additives
- One material for packaging, tub, lid and cover leaf
- Excellent mechanical properties: tear and puncture resistance
- Recyclable package: freezable, microwaveable, machine dish washable
- Better water-, oxygen- and light barrier compared to pure or low filled polyolefin
- Soft touch and "paper look"
FPO® Compound has been developed for the extrusion and injection moulding of products for various types of applications. The material’s properties have great technical advantages in production. For example, the material not only increases rigidity but is also dimensionally stable. The increased productivity possible with the material also offers the potential for lower production costs. FPO® Compound based on the polymers PE-LD, PE-LLD, PE-HD, PP-H and PP-C is available.
Our know-how means we can offer a solution with the right polymer and an optimized combination of fillers and filling ratio tailored precisely to your needs and requirements.
- Extruded films
- Thermoformed trays
- Extruded sheets
- Extruded profiles
- Injection molding
Increased E-Modulus which allows down-gauging
- Increases productivity
- Improved rigidity
- Reduced polymer consumption
- Nice and soft feeling